Although some patients dont mind frequent daily injections, many object to this painful inconvenience. For these people an alternative may be insuflon, an indwelling subcutaneous soft cannula. insuflon can be used by adults and children (even infants) and was initially designed to help children and their families to come to terms with diabetes. By virtually eliminating the needle pain associated with daily injections, insuflon can increase therapy compliance.
insuflon is gentle
insuflon consists of a soft cannula that is gentle to the tissues. It is small and easy to handle, only 18mm (0.71?) long and 0.6mm (0.02?) outer diameter. Insertion of insuflon is simple. It is inserted subcutaneously into the fatty tissue of the body at a 20-45 angle. The steel needle, which is used to introduce insuflon, is then removed leaving the soft cannula in place.insuflon has a small membrane through which medication can be injected painlessly. insuflon is held in place by a skin-friendly adhesive with a built-in see through window to allow visual inspection of the injection site. The insuflon port is not for infusion it is for injection only.
insuflon is safe to use
- The adhesive material is soft and comfortable to the tissue with little risk that insuflon will scrape or cause irritation.
- Leading pediatric hospitals use insuflon to administer most of the medications which are given subcutaneously: insulin, heparin, G-CSF, morphine, growth hormones
insuflon: the cost effective solution
- insuflon can be left in the subcutaneous fatty tissue of the abdomen for up to 3 days, thus the patient will only need to prick their skin once i.e. when insuflon is inserted. Within the first few weeks of use, the optimal dwell time for each patient will be established.
insuflon has been manufactured to the highest quality standards by Unomedical, Europes leading producer of single use devices.
insuflon is Latex-free
- Patients and staff have an excellent acceptance rate and patients and parents are also able to enjoy the benefits of insuflon at home with the support of home care programs.
- insuflon improves patients quality of life.
Advantages of using insuflon:
- insuflon is both simple to use and take care of.
- insuflon is comfortable.
- insuflon removes the inconvenience of repeated injections.
- insuflon increases therapy compliance.
- insuflon is cost effective.
- insuflon allows you to participate safely in active sports.
- Its special soft cannula is comfortable to use.
Product numbers and Reimbursement codes
Code : PP1621-2
Pack Factor: 10/box
NDC No.: 8423.1621.26
Manuf. Code: 98-000-2612